Round-Robin Schedule

Questions about how to maintain your Zuluru installation
tim_nexthop

Round-Robin Schedule

Post by tim_nexthop »

Hello I'm experimenting with adding games. I have 14 teams and I have chosen Round Robin because I want all teams to play each other once. To generate a full division round robin the result would be 14 teams, 91 games, over 13 weeks. How would I generate a schedule that allowed each team to play 2 games / week?

thanks for your help.
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Round-Robin Schedule

Post by GregS »

Good question! It wasn't built to do that originally, but there were some changes late last year that at least made it closer. Would teams be playing one game on each of two nights a week, or double-headers? I can't remember the specifics right now (much work on registration lately has pushed scheduling details out of my mind...), but I suspect that at the moment an auto-generated schedule would not be able to do this. Sounds like it would be related to work I'll be doing in the next month or so, though, so it should be working in the not-too-distant future. In the meantime, it's a bit tedious (maybe more than a bit...), but there's nothing stopping you from building that schedule manually.
tim_nexthop

Re: Round-Robin Schedule

Post by tim_nexthop »

Yes each team would play one game per night two nights a week. I will create manual for this season. Thanks