Editing name errors

Questions about how to maintain your Zuluru installation
sulfur

Editing name errors

Post by sulfur »

I got my Zuluru install set up and working (with a bit of kicking and fighting) and logged into it with the admin account ("admin"/"password").

Now, when I log in, the system immediately asks me to edit my incomplete profile (all fine and good really -- URL like http://myhost.com/Z/index.php/people/edit ). I fill in the details, put in a name in the first name and last name fields, and get this lovely error on both first and last name (the image is of the 3rd or 4th try with different names I had):
The error on screen...
The error on screen...
admin_edit.png (43.48 KiB) Viewed 11320 times
"Names can only include letters, numbers, spaces, commas, periods, apostrophes and hyphens."

As best I can tell from looking at it, "Bob" includes only letters, so should not be an issue... :D

EDIT:

Inline followup #1:

With debug on, I get this warning across the top of the screen (I didn't notice it at first, I blame my Sunday morning eyes!):
Use of undefined constant self::NAME_REGEX - assumed 'self::NAME_REGEX'
This seems to be found at line 44 of models/user.php and NAME_REGEX seems to be found at app_model.php (line 39). Is there any logical reason that one isn't pulling in the other?
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Editing name errors

Post by GregS »

Sorry, my test server has died and I'm in the process of re-installing everything, so I don't have a good place to play around with this at the moment. I'll hopefully be able to dig into this tomorrow, but it might be Tuesday.
sulfur

Post by sulfur »

That's fine -- I've managed to suss out a number of other things to get them working on our site (we're looking at using the software for a local Futsal league -- similar to soccer, but played indoor, etc).

I'm also putting together the components (etc) to make futsal a supported sport in Zuluru. :)

The other issue that is more related to passwords is as follows:

When trying to change the password, it comes back with an error and the error_log file contains:
Warning: Warning (2): preg_match() [<a href='function.preg-match'>function.preg-match</a>]: Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash in [/home/alex/www/Cake/cake/libs/validation.php, line 946]
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

As we determined through emails, it appears that there is a difference in order of initialization of base and parent classes between 5.0 and 5.2 which will account for these various bugs. As such, I've changed the install process to require at least version 5.2 of PHP. I expect that this limitation could be removed, but 5.2 was released in 2006, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to require it at this point.