User guides

Questions about how to maintain your Zuluru installation
GregS
Site Admin

User guides

Post by GregS »

I have added a set of user guides, including five for administrators covering setup, players, leagues, fields and registration, and another one for coordinators. This should help in getting your system running smoothly and help you optimize settings and work flow for your particular situation. Suggestions for additions or improvements to any of the online help is welcome; as the one that knows the system inside and out, it can be hard to know which parts are self-evident and which benefit from documentation.
aifwishart

Re: User guides

Post by aifwishart »

Greg - hi , pulled down Zuluru and installed have it working but very puzzled on a few things .

How do you as an admin approve a player or account? Am asking as I see different screens on the Website demo.zuluru.org to the code I have downloaded in the past 5 days .

As I am uk based , I want to use UK Phone numbers ( different string to US ) plus UK post codes - ( different to Canada/USA ) , what / how do I get the code augmented here?
:D
obridle

Post by obridle »

Hi Greg

I am working with Andrew -- afwishart to get Zuluru up and running for a UK club, we have read the user guides and these have been very helpful. However in the UK we use Post codes much like US Zip codes but they are 8 chars long and have a different format to the US or Canada codes. What we are trying to find out is how can we get the code to accept a UK post code, We get the error "You must enter a valid Canadian postal code" -- this comes up even if we have listed United Kingdom in the Country* drop down.

It appears that the code is looking for a strict format to trying to compare the Post code to some table, I have looked through the database and cannot find a ZIP_Code or Post_Code table so this must be stored else where.

Any help would be appreciated as the solution as been well thought out and look like it will fit into the UK well.

Regards
Owen
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

At the moment, only Canada and US are properly supported in the code. You can add the UK format for postal code by editing the beforeValidate function in models/user.php. The first few lines change the validation from the default (Canada) to US if the country is US. You can copy-paste-and-edit these lines to do something similar for UK; looks like 'uk' is a valid option for the third parameter of the rule line. You'll want to include similar changes to the validation for home_phone, work_phone and mobile_phone fields as well. And you may be well-served by changes to postal_format and phone_format functions in models/behaviors/formatter.php, as these are also North America-specific at the moment.

To approve accounts, you use the Players -> Approve new accounts menu item. (This won't be there unless there actually are new accounts to approve.) The demo site is running the latest version of the code, so functionality should be the same; any differences you see are likely the result of differing settings. There are a lot of options in the various Configuration -> Settings pages, which can have small or large effects on how things look.

Hope this helps; let me know how the project goes!