A change

Questions related to installing Zuluru 1: Locked now, all new installations should use Zuluru 3
dyoung

A change

Post by dyoung »

Have been away, but wanted to restart my effort with Zuluru with all the changes that are coming up.

Did a fresh install and could not login.
Turned on debug and got the following:
Warning (2): session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_gpv08ue3ksnrihcdqh6t4lcd64, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) [CORE/cake/libs/cake_session.php, line 587]
Warning (2): session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_gpv08ue3ksnrihcdqh6t4lcd64, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) [CORE/cake/libs/controller/controller.php, line 694]
Warning (2): session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) [CORE/cake/libs/controller/controller.php, line 694]
Warning (2): Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/php/cake/libs/debugger.php:686) [CORE/cake/libs/controller/controller.php, line 742]

Tracked it down to the permissions on /var/lib/php5. Changed it from 755 to 777 and then everything worked correctly.

Never had to do this in the past. Just wondering if you had any insight as to why this change is now needed?

DYoung
GregS
Site Admin

Re: A change

Post by GregS »

This really sounds like an issue with your PHP install, not Cake or Zuluru. Did you update PHP recently? Did the ownership of /var/lib/php5 get changed? Is /var/lib/php5 really the right place for your session files to be going, or did the session.save_path setting in php.ini get changed?
dyoung

Re: A change

Post by dyoung »

I did not mean to imply that it was either Cake or Zuluru. Just wondering if anyone else had seen this.
PHP may have updated, but I have not purposely changed any directory ownerships, privileges or locations. An Upgrade must have changed something.

Just looking for any insight anyone may have.
Thanks for chiming in. Get back to work on those new features. :D